Updates and progress

So it’s been quite some time since I have updated the blog/status of the project. (Almost 10 months!!) 2016 has been a whirlwind of craziness which left me with little time to update the blog. I have however been documenting and making great progress on the project over the past few months.

While I was away from the blog I was able to finish up all of the prep and fitting before taking the shell to the body shop to begin it’s transformation into a beautiful shiny “new” car. ¬†Over the next few days I will begin posting updates on how I got to the point the car is at and where it’s going.

Final shot before towing the car to the body shop.

dsc_2463

Mert and Winston of RBMS Auto Care happy that my car was finally out of the shop and not squatting on the lift in the back corner!

dsc_2983

Drop off at Image Auto Body!

dsc_2985

The Start

A few weeks before parting out my STI and prepping to sell off all of the parts and shell I picked up my next project. An almost completely rust free (we’ll get to that later), mostly straight, 1972 Datsun 510 2 door. Previously owned by a good friend of mine, the car had been sitting for almost a year or so before it came home with me.

This blog will catalog my process in working on the 510 and doing a full restore/restomod build.

DSC_0457

received_915098945223533